Continental Tire Canada, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “Continental”, “our”, “we”, or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. This Policy informs you of the Continental’s practices concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information collected from you in connection with your registration for and use of the Continental Tire (Canada) Website and associated Content.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Continental may collect, process, transfer, or otherwise have access to various information and data, including your Personal Information. “Personal Information” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person and includes but is not limited to “personal data”, “personal information”, and such other substantially equivalent terms defined in applicable data protection laws.
The types of Personal Information that we have collected about you during your use of the Website during the preceding 12 months are:
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information, including Personal Information, about you and how you interact with us in several ways, including:
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Policy, including third-party sources and public sources (e.g., the information you submit in a public forum, including social media), with Personal Information and use or disclose it as described herein.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not currently sell your personal information, nor do we have any future plan to do so. However, to provide the Website and facilitate interactions and orders that you make with the Website, we may share your personal information with these recipients:
· Our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your Personal Information within the Continental group of companies, which includes parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership for the purposes described above.
· Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers working on behalf of us in order to provide the Service or otherwise facilitate an interaction with Continental you request or support our relationship with you, such as our Licensor, hosting service providers, IT providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, analytics companies, and marketing providers (e.g., we may share your email address with our outbound email marketing provider). We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including shipping, identity verification, email distribution, market research, promotions management, and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Continental.
· In Connection with a Transaction. If we sell some or all of our assets, or merge or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy, we will share your Personal Information with that entity.
Please note that under applicable data protection laws and regulations you may have the following rights in connection with Continental’s processing and use of your Personal Information:
· Right of Information/Notice. You have the right to be informed about the types of Personal Information that we collect and how we use such Personal Information. Continental provides this Policy, detailing how Personal Information is processed, including the third parties with which Continental has shared your Personal Information. Continental will provided updated notice and information any time the types of Personal Information processed and/or Continental’s use and sharing of your Personal Information materially change.
· Right to Revoke Consent (where applicable). Where processing of your Personal Information is based upon your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time, and the Continental will stop processing and delete your Personal Information, subject to the Continental’s right to retain the data as allowed for lawful purposes, including to comply with its legal obligations and to use it exclusively on an anonymized basis. Consent must be withdrawn in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Cookies section below for additional information regarding placement of cookies and associated processing activities.
· Right of Access. You may obtain from the Continental confirmation regarding whether Personal Information is being processed and, if it is, access to the Personal Information and additional information about the processing of such Personal Information.
· Right to Correction/Rectification. You may have inaccurate Personal Information corrected and have incomplete Personal Information made complete.
· Right to Deletion. You may have Personal Information deleted in certain circumstances.
· Right to Restrict Processing. You may have additional processing of Personal Information restricted and/or temporarily blocked while the sufficiency, necessity, accuracy, or legality of processing of the Personal Information is contested.
· Right to Data Portability. You may be able to receive Personal Information for the purpose of providing that Personal Information to another controller, either through you as our business customer or directly by Continental.
· Right to Object. You may object, at any time and on grounds relating to their particular situation, that processing of Personal Information is unnecessary or excessive.
· Right to Complain to the Relevant Supervisory Authority. If you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you have the right to submit a complaint to a relevant supervisory authority.
Continental may request additional information from you as necessary to allow you to exercise your rights, and we may deny your request where we have a legitimate basis to do so.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to provide the Website and as required or permitted by applicable law. In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your Personal Information (see “Your Rights” below for additional information). In some circumstances we will anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We take your privacy seriously and use reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. For example, we encrypt certain communications using industry standards for encrypting such communications. However, we do not guarantee the security of your information. There is always a risk that the information we collect or that you provide may be compromised. To mitigate this risk, you should (a) use secure usernames and passwords and carefully protect them from disclosure and (b) implement up-to-date security and virus protection on your device. If you suspect that your device’s security or your information has been compromised, or your password accessed or used by an unauthorized third party, please immediately change your password and/or contact us to have your password changed.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
The Mobile App and Services are intended for and marketed to adults only. We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 16. If you become aware of any Personal Information that we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us using the contact information provided above.
ACCEPTANCE OF POLICY
By accessing and/or using the Website, you signify tour acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please immediately discontinue your use of the Website and any associated Content.
We may modify this Policy from time to time as the Website and applicable laws change. If we change our Policy, We will post a new statement on this website and update the effective date stated at the end of the Policy. You are encouraged to review this Policy from time-to-time for any updates or changes. If we make any material changes, we will inform you through the Website or by some other method of communication that we deem appropriate.
The Website may include features that are designed to permit interactions that you initiate with third-party websites or services, including third-party social networks. Examples include enabling you to log in to the website with the username and password you use with a third party site or service; to “like” or “share” our content on other websites or services, or to transmit content to this Website from your account on a third-party website or service.
If you choose to use such social features on the Website, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Website. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party platform that references our Website, your post may be published on our Website in accordance with the terms of the third-party website or service. We and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of both the website and the third-party site or service.
The information collected and stored by the third parties remains subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices, including whether the third parties continue to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices with regard to what is visible to others on those third-party websites or services.
COOKIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
You can choose not to accept these cookies in your browser settings. Please note, however, that several functions may then not be available.
COMPLAINTS OR QUESTIONS
For Continental’s data protection policy, including the Continental’s Binding Corporate Rules for processing your personal data, please see: https://www.continental.com/en/data-protection
For questions regarding your personal information or this Policy, please contact at email@example.com
This Version of the Policy is Effective as of March 29, 2022.